Launch America is assimilating ideas from across America to present to the Democratic and Republican Presidential Conventions. Below are listed the top six policy initiatives. If you have other ideas, send them to us. Let us know your favorites and send these on to your friends.
Get involved and let your representative and senator know that the men and women across America need their help to rebuild the American Dream for the benefit of all Americans. Forward this article to your representatives or Sign one of our petitions. Together our voices will be heard and we can make a difference that will impact the our lives and the lives of our children.
1. Create a major tax credit incentive for the investors, including family and friends, who fund all types of startups. The companies should create at least one new job and the tax credit taken over 3 to 5 years and offset by monies received from the companies invested in.
2. Offer corporations the opportunity to bring back off-shore profits at a no tax or a low tax, with the provision that 1/3 is invested in startups and small businesses with less than 50 people and 1/3 is invested in tooling, plant and equipment to bring manufacturing back to the U.S.
3. Offer forgiveness on student loans for those working to create a new business. For each dollar invested in the business, the government would forgive the same amount of student loan indebtedness.
4. Offer loans to small business with approvals granted by the local SCORE and SBDC boards, not banks, to small businesses with less than 50 employees that complete their courses and that are counseled by their groups. The loans would be funded through the SBA and administered through local banks.
5. Offer educational programs for business startups in Spanish for the growing Latino population interested in creating their own businesses.
6. Provide one stop project approvals for business startups that are coordinated through one city department that makes all the decisions with simplified policies based on the size of the project. And if the project does not create a proven public negative impact, it should not be restricted with regulations and certifications.